Posted on 3/14/2020
We are seeking Structural Engineering Intern (EI) with 0 to 6 years of experience to be part of our Structures team in our Jacksonville office.
In this position, you will assist in the development of transportation design projects for clients such as FDOT and municipalities. Some familiarity with Florida DOT design policies and procedures is preferred. The candidate will work in a fast-paced engineering environment where projects may be derived from a number of delivery methods including conventional publicly bid projects and design build. Over the last two decades, WGI has delivered a variety of transportation projects including some of the largest and most complex interstate projects in the state of Florida. As a firm, we continue to grow and look forward to the opportunity to add talented engineers who are eager to work on exciting projects and grow professionally themselves.
Posted on 3/14/2020
The intern will provide estimating support for the Estimating department. Includes putting together analysis for estimating comparisons, budget comparisons, and other comparisons as required. Intern will assist in comparing bids to estimates and budget information.
- Review project plans and specifications and conduct quantity surveys
- Develop cost estimates
- Review 3rd party construction cost estimation
- Track project historical costs
- Provide quantity survey information for estimating team
- Analyze cost data, estimates, and bids
- Understands and actively participates in Environmental, Health & Safety responsibilities by following established UO policy, procedures, training and team member involvement activities.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- In pursuit of an Associate, Bachelor or Graduate degree at an Accredited Institution with current class standing of Junior or above.
- Recent graduates will not be eligible for this program.
- Minimum cumulative 3.0 GPA is preferred.
- An official transcript may be required upon request.
- Preferred majors may include: Construction Management or Civil Engineering
Preferable skills for success in role includes but not limited to:
- Must be proficient with numbers and spreadsheets
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office especially with Excel
- Desire to learn role of estimating in development process and construction industry
- Ability to read blueprint drawings, Microsoft Excel, on-screen quantity survey program preferred
- Comfortable with public speaking
- Strong interpersonal skills, problem-solving abilities and organization.
- Superior written & verbal communication skills.
- Work in a fast-paced environment and adhere to deadlines.
- Ability to work autonomously and/or in teams.
- Consistent attendance.
Please note the following:
- Universal Creative does not provide housing. Interns are responsible for their own housing and transportation.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Summer internships are from May 2020 – August 2020.
Posted on 3/14/2020
Architectural Engineering Internship
Posted on 3/14/2020
S&ME delivers engineering, design, planning, geotechnical, environmental and construction services for the built environment. Founded in 1973, we have grown to an 1100-person corporation operating from 36 offices across the US. S&ME is owned by its employees who remain faithful to our core values of safety, quality and client service.
If you are currently seeking an internship or a full-time position upon graduation, you can view and apply to one of our current open Staff Professional/EIT positions at www.smeinc.com/company/careers, or click the link below. If there is not a position available that matches your interests, please apply via our Upcoming Graduate application at https://smeinc.applicantpro.com/jobs/1186956.html.
Planning and Design Business Unit
Orlando, FL (Landscape Architect) – https://smeinc.applicantpro.com/jobs/1350923.html
Environmental Services Business Unit: (Natural Resources)
Columbia, SC – https://smeinc.applicantpro.com/jobs/1327763.html
Orlando, FL – https://smeinc.applicantpro.com/jobs/1340524.html
Planning and Design Business Unit
Orlando, FL – https://smeinc.applicantpro.com/jobs/1342816.html
Orlando, FL – https://smeinc.applicantpro.com/jobs/1343874.html
Planning and Design Business Unit (Landscape Architect)
Orlando, FL – https://smeinc.applicantpro.com/jobs/1350848.html
Florida Department of Transportation (FDOT)Structures Design Internship Position
Posted on 3/14/2020
The Florida Department of Transportation (FDOT) is excited to announce an open Structures Design Internship Position at the District Five Office located in DeLand, Florida. The Structures Design group is looking to hire a highly motivated team member who demonstrates knowledge and interest in the field of structural engineering and transportation. Please share this information with anyone that would be interested.
The position includes:
– Performing structural analysis and design calculations on bridges and various highway structures (Mast Arms, Retaining Walls, Noise Walls, Etc.)
– Reviewing in-house and consultant plans and calculations.
– Providing technical assistance for post-design activities and construction.
– Providing technical support for consultant acquisitions, scope development, schedules, and cost estimates.
– Hours: Up to 20+ hours/2 weeks
– Very flexible schedule, the hours work around your classes
– Internship has the potential to last multiple semesters
– Pay: $11-$14/ hour (based on Sophomore, Junior, Senior, Graduate status)
To apply or learn more about the position please follow this link: https://www.fdot.gov/humanresources/Internship.shtm
The job posting closes on: March 23, 2020
Should you have any questions, please contact me at (386) 943-5157 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.
NSF Undergraduate Research Experience
Posted on 3/6/2020
CALL FOR APPLICATIONS: NSF Undergraduate Research Experience on the Internet of Things (IoT), University of Central Florida
The Computer Science Department at the University of Central Florida (Orlando, FL) will hold an 8-week, 2020 Summer Research Experience for Undergraduates (REU) on the Internet of Things http://iotreu.cs.ucf.edu/. REU students will be trained in research-based theory and applications of IoT technologies, which extends the connected nature of computing devices to objects of the physical world. The REU students will join well-established research groups under the close supervision of faculty with expertise in various IoT research areas such as smart cities, smart healthcare, and smart grids. Many of the research topics will require the students to utilize state-of-the-art techniques of artificial intelligence, machine learning, and data analytics.
REU program dates: May 18, 2020 – July 10, 2020
Application deadline: February 23, 2020
Eligibility requirements: Sophomore, junior, or senior undergraduates. Majors: computer science, computer engineering, electrical engineering, civil engineering, and mechanical engineering. Must be U.S. citizens or permanent residents. Minimum overall GPA 2.7.
Program Benefits: $4,800 stipend, travel allowance, UCF on-campus housing, daily meal allowance. Interested students must submit applications online at http://iotreu.cs.ucf.edu/.
Posted on 3/3/2020
Location: Fort Lauderdale
The ideal Civil & Resilience Engineer/EIT candidate will have outstanding
communications skills, a demonstrated ability to manage multiple tasks and perform
high quality work, and a strong desire to learn by doing. The position requires a working
knowledge in stormwater, water resources, structural engineering, and a degree in Civil
Engineering from an accredited institution.
Please see download for complete description :
ATKINS Graduate Development Program
Posted on 3/3/2020
- Bachelor’s in Civil Engineering (minimum)
- Graduates in Spring, Summer, or Fall 2020 (potential part-time internships, beginning immediately may be available with full-time status received upon graduation)
- E.I. Certification or the ability to obtain shortly after graduation
Please see download for complete description:
Posted on 2/28/2020
Survey and Engineering CAD Technician
Dynamic, Rapidly-growing Civil Engineering, Land Surveying, and Mapping Company is in need of an Auto Cad Technician. Our company is a recognized leader with a reputation built on quality, reliability and trust. If you have civil engineering, land surveying, or mapping experience with Auto Cad Civil 3D you may quality for this opportunity. L&S is willing to train students on Civil 3D if the individual is qualified. Junior or Senior standing is preferred, but we will accept any class standing.
Responsibilities will include but not limited to:
- Plan and complete all necessary design work
- Create technical drawings
- Perform Sectional Breakdowns
- Prepares calculations and provides benchmark data for the field crews.
- Understand permitting procedures and design standards in Florida.
- Ability to multitask, follow through and meet commitments
- Verifiable use of Auto Cad Civil 3D for graphic instructions to include work orders, blueprints, schematic drawings, layouts and other visual aids.
- Actively pursuing a Bachelors of Science in Engineering Field.
Interested? Reach out to email@example.com for more information!
Structural Concepts & Design
Posted on 2/4/2020
Structural Concepts & Design is looking for a junior/senior year Civil Engineering student with a focus/interest in structures. Primary job duties include subcontractor shop drawing review, beam design, shearwall design, etc.. Experience in AutoCAD is preferred.
Structural Concepts & Design
Managing Partner: Robert (Chris) Scroggins, P.E.
2965 West S.R. 434, Suite #100, Longwood, FL 32779
Resumes can be sent to: CScroggins@scd-eng.com
Dave Schmitt Engineering, Inc.
Posted on 1/28/2020
Dave Schmitt Engineering, Inc. has 2 CAD Designer positions and 1 project engineer position available. Both require civil -land development experience.
Interested parties should email their resume to Angela Kelsey-Flowers
Central Florida Transportation Leader
Posted on 1/27/2020
Tampa, FL; Orlando, FL; Daytona Beach, FL (For the right candidate, any West Coast of Florida / Central Florida location may be considered.)
Mead & Hunt is looking for an entrepreneurial leader for a newly created role. The ideal candidate will possess the business development acumen to continue to build on Mead & Hunt’s success winning FDOT work in Florida and will be charged with continuing to expand Mead & Hunt’s presence in the Central Florida transportation market. You will have the freedom to develop, grow, and manage the region and make it your own!
This is a seller/doer role, and in addition to being charged with helping to win work in the central Florida region the individual will be responsible for project management and QA/QC of projects. Preference will be given to candidates who work in roadway design, PD&E, or traffic engineering and who have established relationships and experience working with FDOT District 7, FDOT District 1, FDOT District 5, or the Florida Turnpike.
In this role, you can work anywhere in the Tampa/Orlando/Daytona Beach region. Please indicate your location preference when applying.
Mead & Hunt boasts a vibrant office culture and offers flexibility to employees! The firm also offers a comprehensive benefits package including competitive compensation, medical & dental insurance, 401 (k), bonus structure, ownership opportunities, and minimal out-of-state travel.
About the Firm:
Founded in 1900, Mead & Hunt is an employee-owned firm boasting more than 850+ engineers, architects, planners, and support staff in over 33+ offices nationwide, including Florida offices in Tampa, Daytona Beach, and Tallahassee. Mead & Hunt has been recognized as one of the Best Firms to Work For by CE News and the Zweig Group; listed as #25 on Zweig’s 2019 Hot Firm list; and ranked 119th in Engineering News-Record’s 2019 Top 500 Design Firms list.
- BS in Civil Engineering or related field.
- 12+ years of experience.
- Licensed PE.
- Prior experience working on roadway design, PD&E, or traffic engineering projects.
- Project management experience.
- Established relationships and experience working with FDOT District 7, FDOT District 1, FDOT District 5 or the Florida Turnpike.
- Desire to serve in a business development capacity.
To apply email Gail@rcassoc.com
MEDLIFE, a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization partners with low-income communities in Latin America and Africa to improve their access to medicine, education, and community development. The organization achieves its impact by running mobile clinics, a comprehensive patient follow-up care program, educational workshops, and infrastructure projects to propel community development. For fifteen years, MEDLIFE has worked with thousands of students, providing them with volunteering and leadership opportunities. As they scale up their programs in infrastructure, including retention walls, staircases, and public parks, they are looking for student leaders that study engineering or architecture to join the MEDLIFE movement.
To accomplish this, MEDLIFE is running a spring and summer internship program, wherein students will travel to our HQ in Lima for 2 weeks, and then work with us to build an Engineering Community on their campus. Please feel free to share the following internship descriptions with any professors or students in these departments.
Job Description: Engineering Community Development Internship
Mayor Dyer’s Office of Sustainability & Resilience, Green Works Orlando.
Mayor Dyer’s Office of Sustainability & Resilience, Green Works Orlando, is hiring interns for the spring! There are several current opportunities (descriptions attached) to work with the Green Works Orlando and drive forward climate action in The City Beautiful!
Interested applicants should follow the instructions below:
- Determine which position(s) you are most interested in. You may apply for a maximum of two positions, although you may be considered for others depending on applicant pool.
- Create a separate email for each position for which you’re applying that includes:
- Position title in subject line of the email
- PDF attachment of resume and cover letter
- Completed volunteer application (attached), disregard instructions on the application itself
- Based on the positions of interest, please send email to the following:
- Sandra Raymond: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Energy Policy Support Specialist
- Brittany Sellers: email@example.com
- Data Analyst Intern
- Joseph England: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Residential Recycling Study Intern
- Maeven Rogers: email@example.com
- Sustainability Education Intern
- Jemmy Barrera: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Sustainability Project Intern
Positions will close on Sunday, Jan 12th at midnight. Selected applicants will be contacted to schedule an in-person interview starting later that week.
WGI, you will find talented, passionate associates providing exceptional service in collaborative, team-driven environments, all while having fun and enjoying the work they do. WGI prides its reputation as one of the nation’s top consulting firms — and our awards support our beliefs. We strive to stay ahead of the curve investing in the latest tools and technology. We are always looking for remarkable individuals to join our team and help expand our visionary approach. If you think you are an innovative team-player and want to shape your community, join our WGI team today!
We are currently seeking a licensed Engineer Intern (EI) or Civil Engineer (PE) with 3 to 5 years of professional experience to be part of our Civil Division in our West Palm Beach office.
Singhofen & Associates, Inc. (SAI)
Singhofen & Associates, Inc. (SAI) is currently hiring to fill part-time engineering technician positions to support stormwater management studies, watershed modeling, and preliminary/final design projects as well as business development.
Work activities may include developing model networks in GIS, engineering analysis and calculations, researching permits, data take offs from construction documents, conducting model simulations, tabulating and assessing model results, picking-up/delivering documents, preliminary design tasks (CADD support), report development, data entry and analysis, miscellaneous engineering, and administrative tasks.
This is an excellent opportunity to gain real world experience and build your resume! The position involves the following:
- Flexible schedules
- Minimum 10 hours per week (required for HUBZone candidates only; inquire at interview)
- Training provided
Please forward a copy of your resume via email to: email@example.com with “Engineering Technician” as the subject line.
Cuhaci & Peterson
Cuhaci & Peterson is looking for a structural EIT that has recently graduated or will be graduating in December and is available to work part-time as an intern until they graduate. The position is 100% structural engineering design work, building models, doing calculations, and putting those designs on paper.
And you can find out more Cuhaci & Peterson here: http://www.c-p.com/
A fall internship to introduce an engineering student to Civil Engineering for Land Development projects, Municipal Infrastructure projects and Construction Engineering Inspection projects.
Kimley-Horn will be back in the spring to hold open interviews!
Interested in Kimley-Horn? Contact Kimley-Horn talent recruiter Carley Nevarez Carley.Nevarez@kimley-horn.com